Milwaukee DSA members receive 50% off of books at Haymarket Books when we order 10+ books at a time (book titles can vary). Please complete a form entry for each book you would like to order. Find books at haymarketbooks.org/books.
We will place a group order each time we reach an increment of 10 books. Ordering timeline depends on how many book orders are placed; please do not use this form for orders you need by a specific date.
Payment is due at time of order submission to Haymarket. Orders are shipped to Milwaukee DSA. We will reach out to you to arrange your payment and pick-up of your book(s).
To set up a 50% group discount on 10+ copies of an individual title on a specific timeline, contact the Secretary at email@example.com.
Starting a Spoke Campaign
Spoke Best Practices
There are several best practices related to avoiding your messages appearing to be spam; too many spam messages can lead to the FCC shutting down your number. Best practices are:
- Initial text messages for each round of outreach should include “Reply stop to opt out” in the message body.
- Do not use the same initial text for multiple rounds of outreach.
- Use only known or likely cell phones (if pulling from a VAN, this is a criteria you can select). Try to not message land lines.
- Exclude phone numbers that have previously indicated to not text them to avoid a high rate of opt-outs from your initial message.
- If you get any carrier violations, stop sending. Carrier violations are a specific error type; other error types are generally not an issue, although if you have a lot of landline errors you should clean up your list so that you don’t get carrier violations.
Other best practices include:
- For political campaigns, consider VAN integration to import your Spoke results into the VAN. Alternately, you can manually create this data based on Spoke exports.
If you have events or meetings that you want shared across the chapter’s platforms, please email the chapter at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the title, a date and time, location and a short description.
Any item on a petition signed by any five (5) Members submitted to one of the Co-Chairs shall be included on the agenda of a General Meeting or Executive Committee Meeting, as long as that petition is received at least two (2) days before the Secretary would have finalized the agenda for that meeting.
Any group of at least ten (10) Chapter Members may propose Amendments to be considered at a General Meeting by petition submitted to a Co-Chair.