2024 Election Information
Spring Primary: February 20, 2024
Spring Election: April 2, 2024
Fall Primary: August 13, 2024
General Election: November 5, 2024
2023 Spring Election
Milwaukee DSA endorsed two candidates: Missy Zombor for Milwaukee Public Schools Board of Directors, and Sam Harshner for Shorewood Village Trustee. Harshner ran a strong campaign but narrowly lost, falling less than two hundred votes behind his closest opponent. Zombor soundly defeated her opponent and became the first democratic socialist on the MPS School Board.
2022 General Election
Milwaukee DSA endorsed two candidates – Ryan Clancy for Wisconsin State Assembly District 19 and Darrin Madison for Wisconsin State Assembly District 10. Clancy ran unopposed, and Madison defeated his only challenger in the primary, running unopposed in the general election. Clancy and Madison have formed a Socialist caucus in the State Assembly; the first such caucus in over 80 years.
2022 Spring Election
Of our three endorsed candidates, two won election—Juan Miguel Martinez and Ryan Clancy. Juan Miguel and Ryan will take 2 out of the 18 seats on the Milwaukee County Board of Supervisors, representing District 12 and District 4 respectively. Unfortunately, Eric Rorholm did not win his race in District 3. Overall, the election results were a historic victory for Milwaukee DSA, representing the first time the chapter has won multiple seats in a single day.
2021 Spring Election
Although the DSA socialist slate campaigns didn’t have enough votes to win in the general election, their primary victories were a historic one: Dana Kelley and Darrin Madison Jr. were the first Black socialists to pass through a primary for elected office in Milwaukee’s history, and Alex Brower joined them as the first socialist candidate to pass through a Milwaukee municipal election since 1956. DSA congratulates the socialist slate on their campaigns and—despite being up against entrenched interests—in shaping the discussion around issues of transformative change.
- Alex Brower, candidate, School Board District 5 (2021 Spring Election)
- Ryan Clancy, elected official, Wisconsin State Assembly District 19 (2022 General Election) and elected official, County Supervisor District 4 (2022 Spring Election)
- Sam Harshner, candidate, Shorewood Village Trustee At Large (2023 Spring Election)
- Dana Kelley, candidate, School Board District 4 (2021 Spring Election)
- Darrin Madison Jr., elected official, Wisconsin State Assembly District 10 (2022 General Election) and candidate, County Supervisor District 10 (2021 Spring Election)
- Juan Miguel Martinez, elected official, County Supervisor District 12 (2022 Spring Election)
- Eric Rorholm, candidate, County Supervisor District 3 (2022 Spring Election)
- Missy Zombor, elected official, School Board City-Wide (2023 Spring Election)Visit