Fall Primary: Tuesday, August 9, 2022
General Election: Tuesday, November 8, 2022
Milwaukee DSA endorses the following candidates in the 2022 General Election. Notify the Electoral Working Group if you would like to apply for Milwaukee DSA endorsement.
State Assembly, District 19: Ryan Clancy
Ryan is running to be your Representative because he has high standards for government and is willing to fight for you. As a lifelong Milwaukee resident, he knows how important our public spaces and services are. As a current County Supervisor, he ensures and expands your access to them, advocates for the rights and opportunities of all residents, and fights to ensure that we have the structures in place to lessen the blow from this crisis and future ones. He’ll fight for you in Madison.
- Supporting public schools
- Safety through community investment
- A statewide Right to Counsel
State Assembly, District 10: Darrin Madison
The Wisconsin State Legislature could be a key partner to help or hinder progress keeping our communities safe, bolstering our family supporting economy, investing in our education system & climate justice for all of our families. Darrin is fighting to win this election to ensure progress occurs and he need your help to do it.
- Keeping our communities safe
- Investing in our education system
- Climate justice for all of our families
- Bolstering our family supporting the economy
2022 Spring Election: Tuesday, April 5, 2021
Of our three endorsed candidates, two won election—Juan Miguel Martinez and Ryan Clancy. Juan Miguel and Ryan will take 2 out of the 18 seats on the Milwaukee County Board of Supervisors, representing District 12 and District 4 respectively. Unfortunately, Eric Rorholm did not win his race in District 3. Overall, the election results were a historic victory for Milwaukee DSA, representing the first time the chapter has won multiple seats in a single day.
2021 Spring Election: Tuesday, April 6, 2021
Although the DSA socialist slate campaigns didn’t have enough votes to win in the general election, their primary victories were a historic one: Dana Kelley and Darrin Madison Jr. were the first Black socialists to pass through a primary for elected office in Milwaukee’s history, and Alex Brower joined them as the first socialist candidate to pass through a Milwaukee municipal election since 1956. DSA congratulates the socialist slate on their campaigns and—despite being up against entrenched interests—in shaping the discussion around issues of transformative change.
- Alex Brower, candidate, School Board District 5 (2021 Spring Election)
- Ryan Clancy, elected official, County Supervisor District 4 (2022 Spring Election)
- Dana Kelley, candidate, School Board District 4 (2021 Spring Election)
- Darrin Madison Jr., candidate, County Supervisor District 10 (2021 Spring Election)
- Juan Miguel Martinez, elected official, County Supervisor District 12 (2022 Spring Election)
- Eric Rorholm, candidate, County Supervisor District 3 (2022 Spring Election)