2021 Spring Election: Tuesday, April 6, 2021
DSA Milwaukee endorses the following candidates in the 2021 Spring Election.
School Board District 4: Dana Kelley
Dana Kelley is running for Milwaukee Public School Board, District 4 because it’s time for a change. Dana is running to:
- Ensure quality education for children of color
- Fight for public schools
- Green New Deal for MPS
- Democratize education
School Board District 5: Alex Brower
Alex Brower is running a progressive campaign for School Board of Milwaukee Public Schools. As a School Board Director, Alex will:
- Fight for public schools against the threat of privatization
- Create a Green New Deal for MPS and ensure healthy school environments
- Stand in solidarity with Black Lives Matter at School
- Champion the struggle of MPS workers
- Democratize education by opening up school decision making to all stakeholders—parents, students, school staff, and community members
County Supervisor District 10: Darrin Madison Jr.
Darrin Madison Jr. is a resident of the 10th district and is committed to being your bold and unapologetic voice on the County Board. Darrin’s platform addresses:
- Seniors: Fully funded senior centers, culturally responsive programs, and dementia advocacy.
- Youth Justice: Invest in a realistic continuum of care that prevents and reduces incarceration.
- Disabilities: Ensure all county services are integrated to prevent disruption in care and services for our neighbors of all ages and abilities.
- Housing: Champion for “Right to Shelter and Counsel” resolutions.
- Parks: Create a local food production and distribution network based in our beautiful parks.
- Transportation: Innovating and expanding transit options to connect us to more jobs and more neighborhoods.