Fall Primary: Tuesday, August 9, 2022
General Election: Tuesday, November 8, 2022
Notify the Electoral Working Group if you would like to apply for Milwaukee DSA endorsement.
2022 Spring Election: Tuesday, April 5, 2021
Of our three endorsed candidates, two won election—Juan Miguel Martinez and Ryan Clancy. Juan Miguel and Ryan will take 2 out of the 18 seats on the Milwaukee County Board of Supervisors, representing District 12 and District 4 respectively. Unfortunately, Eric Rorholm did not win his race in District 3. Overall, the election results were a historic victory for Milwaukee DSA, representing the first time the chapter has won multiple seats in a single day.
2021 Spring Election: Tuesday, April 6, 2021
Although the DSA socialist slate campaigns didn’t have enough votes to win in the general election, their primary victories were a historic one: Dana Kelley and Darrin Madison Jr. were the first Black socialists to pass through a primary for elected office in Milwaukee’s history, and Alex Brower joined them as the first socialist candidate to pass through a Milwaukee municipal election since 1956. DSA congratulates the socialist slate on their campaigns and—despite being up against entrenched interests—in shaping the discussion around issues of transformative change.
- Alex Brower, candidate, School Board District 5 (2021 Spring Election)
- Ryan Clancy, elected official, County Supervisor District 4 (2022 Spring Election)
- Dana Kelley, candidate, School Board District 4 (2021 Spring Election)
- Darrin Madison Jr., candidate, County Supervisor District 10 (2021 Spring Election)
- Juan Miguel Martinez, elected official, County Supervisor District 12 (2022 Spring Election)
- Eric Rorholm, candidate, County Supervisor District 3 (2022 Spring Election)